Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lamaze Coach


More than 27 years ago, when my wife and I were expecting our first child, we took a class in the Lamaze method at our local hospital.


I was impressed with the teacher's poses as she talked to us about breathing, pain, massage, empowerment, and confidence.

She hadn't had a baby yet herself, but she was very emphatic about what the experience was going to be like. As she talked, I tried to lock some of her keyframe poses in my short term memory, and note them down in ballpoint pen.

4 comments:

Sergio DS said...

Anywhere is a good place to make a lot of good sketches, yours are great.
Love it!

I wish you a nice day.

jeffkunze said...

haha I tried taking my sketchbook to our birth class. My wife said "NO WAY!"

Unknown said...

Simple but perfect! Thanks for the perseverance you show with this blog, James. You are an example for us all!

Rich said...

I was just wondering about a "census": How many human figures you must have been sketching away in your lifetime?

Thousands and thousands of them.

It shows.

Great show, this blog!